Thursday, March 22, 2012

5 not so pleasant things....

Lately my belly has been growing more and more each day! Some days I wonder how I could stretch any more. But with a growing belly, comes some not so pleasant things.  Here is my list for now:

  1. Stretch marks. I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that didn't get stretch marks with their first baby. Well that was wishful thinking. At about 30 weeks my tummy decided it couldn't take much more.  It's like fireworks across my belly now. 
  2. Itchy belly.  Now that I have stretch marks my belly itches so much more! I put lotion on twice a day and I still catch myself itching during the day!
  3. Lack of sleep.  Now that I have a human growing inside me its a lot harder to change positions and get comfortable in bed.  Moving a big belly around at night always takes more energy.  Also, since baby Girl is almost 4 pounds now she is a lot stronger and loves to push and kick!! Night time seems to be her favorite time to do so.
  4. Tailbone pain.  This one has started early for me.  Anytime I sit for longer than a couple minutes my tailbone really starts to hurt.  Church is definitely the worst! I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do to help it and she just kinda chuckled and said well, the ultimate cure is delivery!
  5. Leg cramps.  Today I woke up to an excrutiating cramp in my calf muscle! It has to be due to the extra weight and pressure on my legs now.  It's especially hard because I can't really reach my toes anymore so trying to move my foot this morning to help relieve the cramp was pretty difficult.
Even though this post is more about the difficult things of pregnancy I can't complain too much more than this.  My pregnancy, besides the first trimester, has been a pretty smooth pregnancy.  With all the moving around we have been doing, it is hard to believe I have been carrying our sweet little girl for 8 months already! Times really has flown by and Rob and I are getting very excited for the arrival of our little angel.  Only eight more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment