Thursday, February 16, 2012

full of love...

This Valentines Day was so much fun for the both of us! Monday night we were discussing what our plans were for V-Day.  That was also the day they were to deliever our small shipment any time between 8 and 5.  Rob told me he wasn't able to get off work so I would need to be up by 8 o'clock so that I would be ready for the movers to bring our things.  I didn't think anything of it and said alright I can lose some sleep and get up at 8! So when 8 o'clock rolled around I got out of bed, came downstairs and ate breakfast.  I had decided to not take a shower until after they had already come and gone because I did not want to be caught in the middle of my shower and have them knocking on my door! :) So I was just sitting around when Rob called me and asked what I was up to.  I said I was just sitting around waiting.... Rob then told me the movers had emailed him that morning and said they should be there around 9:30 so he said why don't you go shower, you have plenty of time.  I decided that was a smart choice so I went upstairs and hopped in the shower.  Now I do not take quick showers by any means and this was was definitely not quick! But as I was finishing up there was a huge knock on my door!!! I started freaking out! I knew I shouldn't have taken a shower! Just my luck...I yelled "just a Minute!" and hurried into the bedroom to put on some clothes! Then there was another knock and by now I was frantic because the movers weren't supposed to be here yet! And then there was a third knock and I was just pulling my shirt over my head when I heard music playing.... then I was REALLY confused!!! I slowing walked down the stairs and sure enough Rob was sitting at the table with a vase of roses, chocolates, and a gift all for me.  Now by this point he was chuckling at me because I was shocked that he had pulled something like this off! It was such a pleasant surprise and because we were receiving our shipment that day, he was able to get the whole day off so he could help his lovely wife. :) Then as I finished getting beautiful for the day, Rob made me amazing breakfast burritos! I was definitely feeling very special!
Then it was my turn to do something special for him! I was thinking I would have the whole day to myself to get everything ready but nope, not the case! But I still think I did pretty well.  I decided that instead of making this huge dinner, I would keep it simple! So I made us crepes, which by the way were delicious! We had crepes for dinner, smoothies as a drink, and these yummy chocolate bowls filled with brownie and ice cream all in candle light.  Can I just say that it was soooo delicious! We had a wonderful Valentine's Day full of love! I am truly grateful for the love that Rob and I share and the opportunity we were given to celebrate that this last Tuesday! :)


My beautiful flowers and our dinner display!


In the candle light... :)


Rob was also pleasantly surprised with what I had set up for us!



LoVE :)


This is my beautiful, delicious crepe!


Rob and his masterpiece....


Now these are the desserts that I am most proud of!! We made the bowls this last weekend out of molding chocolate and then I filled them with brownie and ice cream! So delicious!


Doesn't it just look beautiful?!


Yum!

2 comments: