Friday, September 2, 2011

Wow it has been FOREVER!!!

I got on my blog today and realized that I haven't done any posting for over three months!!! So here is a little update! Since Rob's BMT Graduation life has been wonderful! I was able to go to San Antonio with my mom for his graduation.  Long story short our flight was delayed and we weren't even able to get there in the same day.  We ended up sleeping in the airport... never again!!! Graduation went great and it was such an awesome experience to see him in his blues representing the Air Force.  I definitely cried! While I was in San Antonio we found out that he was going to tech school at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX and would be there for five months while going through the Aircraft Metals Technology program.  I went back to Idaho after the weekend and continued to work at the salon.  Rob and I were talking about me coming down for a visit the end of July and as we continued to discuss finances and all that fun stuff we decided that it would be just as cost effective to move me to Texas while he went through tech school.  Plus it would be much better to be together. So in a matter of I think ten days I told Lorie, the salon owner I was moving, got everything packed in the car, and drove across the country to be with the hubbs! :)
     I was able to drive half way with the family which was such a blessing.  We stopped in Rexburg for my older brother, Chris' graduation from BYU-I and we were also able to celebrate my birthday there! Yay for being 20! After Rexburg, my mom, Jess, Tay, Ness, and I drove clear across the great land of Wyoming and into Nebraska to see my aunt and uncle, Thad & Trina and their cute family! I only stayed there for two days and then I made the trip through Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and into Texas!!! I'll tell you what, there is nothin out there!! Just miles and miles of flat boring land!!! Once I made it to Texas I was able to move into a cute little apartment right outside the base which makes it really easy to see Rob every day! He is on swing shift so that makes our schedule a little crazy but it works good for us.
    It has been such a blessing for us to be together again and to be able to spend some quality time together! We have a lot of fun and we mostly like to stay inside and relax since in the hundred degree weather you can't really relax outside.  But hopefully it will cool of soon so we can also enjoy the outdoors! Rob is truly the light of my life and for any of you who are reading this and know are marriage history, you know it has been anything but normal! It has been such a crazy ride and it will continue to be that way.  Rob finishes up school the beginning of December and then after the holidays we are headed off to the United Kingdom. :) We are completely thrilled and are looking forward to the great adventure! We hope all is well with everyone and we are so grateful for all the kind words and support we receive from our families!! Love you all! Hopefully this wasn't too boring to read!!! Better next time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment