Saturday, May 14, 2011
The Air Force
It has been almost two weeks since Rob has left for Basic Military Training. We are both so excited for this new journey in our lives and we are looking forward to all the fun times we will have while in the Air Force. Rob was able to call me last Sunday, Mother's Day. It was so special to be able to hear about how good he was doing and that he is actually loving what he is doing!! I hope he isn't just crazy and blowing smoke! haha He said he has met some really great people. Rob also told me that he is one of the element leaders over his flight which really didn't surprise me at all. He has always done his best and has been such a great leader and example to those around him! His flight has a total of 57 recruits! Rob will be graduating July 1st and then from there he goes to his tech schooling. I am still waiting to hear where that is and how long that is going to be. I will be staying here in Fruitland, while he does his schooling. We are both looking forward to the day we are back together with a house of our own! :) We are both so grateful to have such great families that have been so supportive through this life changing experience! We are definitely looking forward to the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are so proud of both of you. Love ya
ReplyDeleteI'm glad at least one of you gets to stay close, at least for the time being. I'm also very glad that he's happy and excited. I'm glad you're a part of this family and that you're so supportive of him. We love you!
ReplyDelete