Monday, January 23, 2012

All Things English.

We have now been in the UK for two weeks! Time really has flown by!  We are already loving it here and we enjoy exploring the area on the weekends.  This last week has been quite the adventure. We rented a car so we are finally getting to drive on the left side of the road.  It was pretty scary at first just being in the passenger seat because you are now sitting on the left side of the car with no steering wheel and no control.  Needless to say we have had many laughs and Rob has only pulled out on the right side of the road a handful of times! ;)  We are still in temporary lodging at the moment but we will be moving into our home on the 3rd of February! We are both very excited to finally have a home of our own again.  Not too many people realize that Rob and I haven't had our own place all to ourselves since January of last year. And technically I just lived by myself since Rob was working in Alaska at the time! :) So we are excited to be settled in our own home again. 
We went back to Bury St. Edmunds this Saturday just to check out the shopping and the market.  Market days are huge over here! And yes they go year round and every week! In Bury, market day is every Wednesday and Saturday.  It is so cool to walk down the old and new downtown and see all the many treasures people have for sale.  It is a very nice atmosphere.  Oh, and for all of you shoppers out there.... this is the place to shop! I didn't buy anything but I already love it! I am looking forward to the end of this pregnancy when I can buy regular clothes again! That is when I will be doing major shopping. 
We were also able to go to church yesterday.  The ward building is about 25 minutes away and its all country road.  Very beautiful.  It is a ward of about 200 people but only about 115 come on a regular basis. It has a great mix of military families and the locals.  Such a warm inviting spirit was felt there and Rob and I are looking forward to being a part of such a great ward.  We love all of you and hope your lives are just as adventurous as ours.  :)

1 comment:

  1. So great to hear things are working out and you're finally getting settled in, we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete